Friday, June 5, 2020

More Good

Personal opinion only, and not lecturing anyone. I live in the south. I live in one of the 3 or 4 most diverse counties in America. Made up of some native or generational, some first or second generation from other parts of the world.



As a past business owner, church member, neighbor, citizen, patron, I interact with all kinds of people all the time. Probly just like you. Some in only superficial ways such as a smile or wave or head nod. Some to a much more personal level. My experience is that there are many people in my exposure who are friendly, respectful, pleasant, helpful, concerned, polite. Or at the very least, just minding their own business.
I love God, family, country, in that order. My country is most valuable to me. I treasure and learn of its history. Both good and bad. I believe it is a beacon to the rest of the world. I believe that the vast majority of us are trying to get along, be nice, take care of our families neighbors and friends, and make the world a better place than when we got here. I try to be nice and friendly to anyone and everyone I see. Sometimes its just holding a door, letting someone in line, checking on a 96 year old neighbor.
I'm not special. I think there are many many many others like me who do the same thing. Every. Single. Day. The world is a messy, sinful place, but there is plenty of Good in it as well. I believe more than we recognize. I believe the best way to keep that up is to pray, be a good neighbor, and not be influenced by bad behavior.
Keep going. Be a light. Let it be seen by others. One person at a time this will spread like candles in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment