Friday, December 25, 2020

What does all this mean this year? 2020

 

I don’t know any better than you do.

Our house in Sugar Land

A few days ago Jupiter and Saturn aligned themselves in the current sky. We have spoken of that here in the past, but we actually got to see it on Monday. They are planets, not stars, and they appear close but are really very far away. Just visible in the same plane from time to time. And they move, and their movement in relation to each other can make it look like one is stationery while the other moved around it.  We see it one way, but it is actually different. This happened when the Baby Jesus was born. It led the Wise Men to the manger where Jesus lay. The movement is a known astrological event, but it was used for a purpose

Have you ever been looking for something, and then found it but in a completely different place? Have you ever experienced an event that is unexplainable, that occurred against all odds? Something that happened and seemed to fall apart, but then as time goes on an unexpected shift happens, and things go in a completely different direction and a much better one? #2020

I’m tired of dealing with life in “these troubled times.” I don’t like to hear or say that phrase. I’m tired of masks, as I am sure you are. And not being able to go to the movies, have a large party or go to one. Not able to go to church as a family (ours is open, but we are being careful due to our family situation). It seems like our whole world – and the literal world – is falling apart. 2020 has been a real bust. We thought the Covid would be gone in a few weeks or months, but we are in month 10 or 13, depending on when you think it started. I’m not going to list all the messes of 2020 – you know them all to well. But have you stopped to wonder? Is there something going on in this? Is there a silver lining in this monster storm cloud? I don’t believe in coincidences. There’s more to this than we can see now. I don’t have an answer. I don’t even know if we come out of this for the better or the wors-er. But as a Bible believing Christian I know that God is in control. There have been quite a few events occur in my family’s life the past few months. I have been to or restricted from going to, 6 funerals this year. None actually were Covid deaths. Other trials and challenges that have disrupted our “normal” life. Yet we are very, VERY blessed. I’m sure some of you reading this have much more difficult circumstances. I talk almost every day to people who don’t have 2 nickels to rub together. They are afraid they are going to lose their house. They are dependent on other family members for food and support. And yet a number of those people still acknowledge God and their faith in him.

It seems that there is alot of destruction going on in the world today. Physical, social, economic, civil, faith, etc etc etc. I hope and pray that something stronger, better rises up out of those ashes. Some people call that a miracle. I don’t know how you define a miracle, but I say its something that happens that is beyond the ability of us to comprehend or control, such that only Divine Intervention can explain it. I would really like a Divine Intervention right now. I have my requests in, but evidently the time is not right. But I feel blessed. I am blessed. Even in these times (I didn’t say it). A believer knows that God is always in control, His ways are not our ways, and He will bring his Will for us at the right time. The perfect time. Could it be that He hasn’t fixed stuff yet because the purpose of the trouble is still going on?

We learned in 9th grade English that a paper has an introduction, body and conclusion. I don’t have a conclusion here. The conclusion is still coming. But there is an end. It’s a light, and its not a freight train. Christmas is filled with all kinds of Light. Light means hope, just like rain means provision. Jesus is the Light of the World. Where there is light, darkness cannot stand. Where Jesus is, sin cannot stand. You have to pick up a flashlight to shine it, you have to accept Jesus to remove your sin. That’s it. One ingredient in this recipe. There are certainly other things around that light and what it reveals, but no other ingredients. I’m pretty sure God is shining his flashlight on something He wants us to see. Maybe just Himself.

Merry Christmas !!!

May I suggest you search for the song “Is He Worthy” by Jakedog Music. I didn’t want to infringe on their copyright so I didn’t put it here. But it inspired parts of this message. Also inspired by my pastor Neil McClendon’s message from Christmas Eve. He’s at Grand Parkway Baptist Church, Richmond, Texas. You can YouTube that as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment