Sunday, April 12, 2020

Its Easter Sunday, finally!

Good Morning. It is Sunday, April 12, 2020.


Christians celebrate our Sabbath day on Sunday, not Saturday, because we believe in The Resurrection of Jesus Christ on that first Easter Sunday. There were no eggs or chocolate bunnies that year. There were no yard decorations or fancy dresses. Because no one knew. Except God.

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it

Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee, there they will see me.” 
Matthew 28:2, 10

We have been through a trying and upsetting Lent. Nothing like it. Ever. But Jesus went through a week of torture, (undeserved) judgment, and death 2000 years ago. His week was worse. But He did it anyway, because that was the plan. To save us from sin and bring us to a permanent, divinely inspired relationship with God. HE did. The Resurrection. There is no WE. Except to accept that and believe.

God has a plan for us too. For each of us. I hope you celebrate it or accept it this Sunday. The Church is celebrating Easter 2020 as never before. To think that every church building is locked and quiet this day is unthinkable. But thinking doesn’t matter in this. Believing does.

One of my favorite songs, this is the opening.

Our Father everlasting
The all creating One
God Almighty
Through Your Holy Spirit
Conceiving Christ the Son
Jesus our Savior
I believe in God our Father
I believe in Christ the Son
I believe in the Holy Spirit
Our God is three in one
I believe in the resurrection
That we will rise again
For I believe in the name of Jesus
- Hillsong Worship.

Blessings on this Easter Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment